Study your Healthcare Management Degree with Arden in Berlin
Arden University’s BA (Hons) degree in Healthcare Management provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a management-level position in a healthcare-related environment.
Our undergraduate course is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a confident healthcare professional, covering the 3 main themes of Professional Environment and Practice, Operations and Quality Management and Leadership and Management.
You will acquire a range of key skills in different areas of healthcare, allowing you to progress in your current career or kick start a new one.
You’ll study via Blended Learning at our Berlin study centre in Germany, the most popular option for international students looking to study in Europe. Germany is recognised for its high-quality education^.
^According to statistics and data from ICEF monitor.
Students studying our Healthcare Management will develop skills needed to become a successful leader in this increasingly important industry, gaining a grounded insight into fundamentally vita aspects such as the social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare.
Additional areas covered include financial control, budgeting, business analysis and planning.
- Skills for learning in care
- Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
- Communication and collaboration in managing the professional environment
- Meeting the needs of service users
- Planning & managing resources
- Fostering dignity and respect
- Financial control & budgeting
- Performance improvement and management in health and social Care
- Public health
- Health promotion
- Inter-agency working in care delivery
- Leading teams in health and social care
- Quality management in a care setting
- Business analysis and planning
- Global health and sustainability
- Project management & risk
- Research methods & final project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
This Healthcare Management degree course is for anyone looking to gain the knowledge and tools that could lead to a range of successful careers such as a professional practitioner, manager, or leader in Health and Social Care.
Arden's Blended Learning programme is essentially aimed at people who are highly organised, hard-working and passionate about helping others.
Arden's BA (Hons) Healthcare Management qualification aims to provide the skills and tools you would need to gain a managerial position in the healthcare field. It also:
- Enables students to gain a fundamental understanding the ever-changing, and often challenging environment of healthcare.
- Facilitates student’s opportunities to explore the different areas of healthcare management, all of which play crucial roles in the successful operation of services in the industry.
- Prepares students to make informed decisions from a managerial position in the healthcare field.
Standard entry requirements:
- 2 subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in 3 subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- A completed recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- Personal statement
For students whose prior learning was not taught in English
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element)
Non-standard entry requirements:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have a strong motivation to study the programme. A personal statement will be needed if you do not meet the standard entry requirements. This statement should be between 350-500 words and should include your references, relevant prior experience and qualifications.
Furthermore, we will ask for references and evidence of a minimum of 2 years’ work experience.
A completed application form is required for all entry routes.
You will learn using a combination of face-to-face and online learning. Arden's innovative Blended Learning programmes combine traditional face-to-face classes with the flexibility of online study.
You will also have access to online study materials and resources 24/7 to support independent study, as well as online lessons, tutorials, forums and virtual classrooms and libraries through our online portal, iLearn.
Assessment methods consist of assignments, essays, presentations, case studies, portfolios and exams.
In addition, you will receive regular academic support from Arden’s expert tutors and your own Student Support Coordinator for any administrative, technical, or motivational help.
The course fees for BA (Hons) Healthcare Management are €8,000 per year. An initial deposit of €1,000 is required to secure your place on this course
Arden University offers flexible payment plans* that allow you to spread the cost of your programme fees across multiple installments. If you apply today you can receive an early bird discount of €1,000.
In addition to the qualification itself, your course fees cover a range of student support services, including accommodation assistance and visa application support, as well as German language classes for international students.
Scholarships for this course will be available soon. To find out more, please contact a Programme Advisor.
Having completed this Healthcare Management degree, Arden graduates will have a wide variety of options for roles they can succeed in.
These include, but are not limited to,
- Care Manager
- Health Service Manager
- Charity Officer
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Voted 7th best city in the world for student living by Top Universities in 2018
- Option to apply for a 18-month post-study residence permit
- Excellent employment prospects
- Learn from world-class international faculty in an international environment
- Reasonable cost of living in comparison to many other European countries
- Attractive to international students pursuing an education abroad
- Rich in culture, history and entertainment
- A vibrant start-up entrepreneurial city
- Study in Germany – the most popular option for international students^
^ Based on an annual survey by ICEF.
Thank you for downloading our prospectus. The file should begin downloading shortly, but if your download has not yet begun, click here to begin downloading now.